One of the key metrics investors tend to hone in on when it comes to Tesla involves the company's ability to manufacture the Model 3 at scale. And with good reason, the Model 3 represents Tesla's attempt to become more of a mainstream car company, and that simply isn't realistic if Tesla can't ramp up supply to meet demand. Sure, the Model S is a fine luxury sedan, but the Model 3 is a car that was designed for the masses.
All that said, it's certainly no secret that Model 3 production got off to something of a shaky start, with Elon Musk conceding that too much of the assembly line was automated early on.
BGR Top Deals:
- BenQ’s mind-blowing new 4K projector will give you the ultimate home theater
- Crazy early Prime Day deal gets you a $250 Ring Video Doorbell Pro and a $50 Echo Dot for $169
Trending Right Now:
- Kayaker watches huge python devour crocodile, photographs the entire thing
- Samsung’s new iPad Pro rival will have features no other tablet has
- Scientists think they’ve found all the ‘missing’ iron in the universe
Tesla to boost overall production as Model 3 demand skyrockets originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 11 Jul 2019 at 09:26:30 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Via BRG - Boy Genius Report