November is going to be a milestone month in the ongoing Streaming Wars, as consumers gradually move away from traditional cable and pay-TV packages in favor of Internet-delivered streaming offerings from Netflix and the like.
Apple's announcement today of two key details that everyone was waiting on, relative to its forthcoming Apple TV+ service -- the price and launch date ($4.99/month and Nov. 1, respectively) -- solidifies its entrance into the ongoing scramble by tech and media companies for a piece of the big streaming pie. It also helps consumers start to plot out, now that we know what most of the big streamers will cost, what exactly they'll likely choose to pay for.
BGR Top Deals:
- Cuisinart cast iron cookware is down to rock-bottom prices on Amazon, today only
- Get $10 back for preordering Pokemon Sword for Nintendo Switch, and another $10 for Pokemon Shield
Trending Right Now:
- Marvel’s next ‘Avengers’ project is already in the works, but it’s not what you’d expect
- The 10 best new features of Apple’s new iPhone 11
- Mind-blowing drug trials show it’s possible to reverse biological age
Goodbye, cable: Here are all the streamers you can get for $60/month, including Apple TV+ originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 10 Sep 2019 at 18:36:08 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Via BRG - Boy Genius Report