- Anthony Mackie (Falcon in the Marvel Cinematic Universe) says that The Falcon and the Winter Soldier series for Disney+ is like "a six or eight-hour movie."
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier was set to debut on Disney+ this August, but the novel coronavirus pandemic will likely force Marvel to delay the release.
2020 was meant to be a fresh start for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Following the events of Avengers: Endgame and Spider-Man: Far From Home, Black Widow was going to serve as a bridge into the second MCU saga, with new heroes and villains to meet and new stories to tell. But then the viral pandemic stopped production on virtually every movie and TV show on the planet, theaters closed, and Marvel's entire 2020 slate was pushed back.
2020 was also going to be the year that Marvel Studios took over for the TV unit that produced Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and all of the other Marvel content on Netflix. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier was supposed to be the first show set in the MCU to debut on Disney+, but, along with everything else, was shut down back in March. We haven't heard much about the show since, but Anthony Mackie (aka Falcon) participated in Variety's Actors on Actors series this week with Daveed Diggs and provided some tantalizing teasers about the show.
Today's Top Deals
- Today’s best deals: 3M face masks, Purell in stock, Lysol wipes, Ring Doorbell deals, $170 exercise bike, more
- Secret sale scores you a Fire TV Stick 4K for less than an entry-level Fire TV Stick
- The robot lawn mower of your dreams just hit a new all-time low price at Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Stimulus check update: Not everyone who got first payment will receive check #2
- A flaw in contact tracing has emerged – people aren’t answering the phone
- Forget Thanos, the Avengers will soon meet Marvel’s greatest villain
‘The Falcon and the Winter Soldier’ will be like a six-hour MCU movie originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 29 Jun 2020 at 18:36:41 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Via BRG - Boy Genius Report