- Apple introduced several new iOS 14 features during its WWDC 2020 keynote last week, including a few significant user interface changes.
- The macOS Big Sur update is Apple’s most significant Mac software redesign in years, aligning the Mac to the iPhones and iPad when it comes to the user interface.
- A uniform UI design language would benefit the rumored Apple AR Glasses the most, and the following concept shows what an iOS-14-based glassOS would look like.
The Mac will look and feel like an iPhone or iPad once you install macOS Ben Sur. Apple isn’t going to merge the Mac and iPad lines anytime soon, and its decision to move the Mac line from Intel to its own Apple Silicon speaks volumes to that. I think that the major macOS redesign is part of something much bigger. Apple is laying the groundwork for the future of computing, which will include a brand new device, augmented reality (AR) smart glasses. Apple is already working on its own AR Glasses, which will require a connection to the iPhone to work, at least the first generations. I saw after WWDC 2020 that a cohesive design language for macOS and iOS would also benefit the glasses. Apple will probably come up with a user interface for the AR devices that’s very similar to the iPhone and Mac.
A designer imagined exactly a glassOS operating system for Apple Glasses that’s based on the iOS 14 user interface that Apple introduced last week.
Today's Top Deals
- Anyone can buy Honeywell face masks right now thanks to a big mistake at Amazon
- Today’s best deals: 3M face masks, Purell in stock, Lysol wipes, Ring Doorbell deals, $170 exercise bike, more
- Secret sale scores you a Fire TV Stick 4K for less than an entry-level Fire TV Stick
Trending Right Now:
- Stimulus check update: Not everyone who got first payment will receive check #2
- No one is talking about one obstacle that may prolong the coronavirus pandemic
- Forget Thanos, the Avengers will soon meet Marvel’s greatest villain
How iOS 14 paves the way for Apple’s AR Glasses originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 30 Jun 2020 at 06:50:08 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Via BRG - Boy Genius Report