- The affordable Xbox Series S will not compromise gaming experience despite the lower price tag.
- The cheaper next-generation Xbox version will sport a faster processor than the PS5, according to a report.
- Other Xbox Series S specs reportedly include 8GB of RAM and 4 teraflops of GPU performance.
Microsoft is widely expected to unveil the cheap version of the Xbox Series X soon, with an announcement event reportedly set for August. Codenamed Lockhart, the Xbox Series S will help Microsoft undercut at least one of the two PlayStation 5 versions that Sony unveiled a few weeks ago. The PS5 and PS5 Digital Edition will both hit stores this fall, with a leaker saying the cheaper model will cost just $399.99. The regular PS5 will be priced at $499.99, according to the same insider. Several reports also noted that Microsoft is looking to make the Series X more affordable than the PS5 this year, in a bid to win over more customers. The Series S could cost as low as $200, according to one insider. That’s a price tag that would help Microsoft win customers that wouldn’t necessarily want a console. On top of that, Microsoft has its Xbox All Access program that lets gamers purchase new hardware on an installment plan bundled with Microsoft’s gaming subscriptions. The 2020 consoles would also qualify for All Access.
The Series S might be much cheaper than the Series X, but it’ll still be very powerful. And a new report indicates that the Series S will feature a faster processor than the PS5.
Today's Top Deals
- Anyone can buy Honeywell face masks right now thanks to a big mistake at Amazon
- Today’s best deals: 3M face masks, Purell in stock, Lysol wipes, Ring Doorbell deals, $170 exercise bike, more
- Secret sale scores you a Fire TV Stick 4K for less than an entry-level Fire TV Stick
Trending Right Now:
- Stimulus check update: Not everyone who got first payment will receive check #2
- No one is talking about one obstacle that may prolong the coronavirus pandemic
- Forget Thanos, the Avengers will soon meet Marvel’s greatest villain
The cheaper new Xbox might have a faster CPU than the high-end PS5 originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 30 Jun 2020 at 07:31:32 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Via BRG - Boy Genius Report