- Public health experts are worried at the rising number of coronavirus cases in a little more than a half-dozen states at the moment, as experts like Dr. Anthony Fauci warn that the US is going to be in store for a "hard" fall and winter.
- The states are seeing coronavirus cases rise and stay at a high rate, according to data from The New York Times.
- To date, according to Johns Hopkins University, the US has recorded almost 6.6 million coronavirus cases and more than 195,000 deaths.
Among the latest headlines and updates related to the COVID-19 pandemic in the US is a new research study that found something that might come as a surprise: Researchers now think coronavirus cases may have been circulating through the US much sooner than they initially believed. In fact, it could have been as early as late December, which is about a month before the CDC thinks the virus first arrived in the country.
That's according to a study published Thursday in the Journal of Medical Internet Research, which CNN notes found a "statistically significant uptick" in clinic and hospital visits starting the week of December 22 by patients presenting symptoms of respiratory illnesses. Meanwhile, in addition to learning more about that starting point of the coronavirus crisis in the US, White House health advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci has been sounding more alarmed in recent days about what comes next -- namely, that Americans should prepare to "hunker down" and steel themselves for a hard fall and winter relative to the coronavirus pandemic. And there are 7 states that are essentially Exhibit A for what he's talking about.
Today's Top Deals
- Prime Day just came early thanks to Amazon’s 16-inch MacBook Pro blowout sale
- Experts say more grocery hoarding is coming – stock up on these 5 things while you can
- 5 wildly popular products on Amazon that keep selling out
Trending Right Now:
- Sorry, but it looks like that first $1,200 stimulus check is also the last
- Apple just unveiled ‘Apple One,’ a brand new subscription bundle I’ve wanted for years
- 8 big announcements from Apple’s event today – and the biggest reveal that was missing
These 7 states need to get their coronavirus cases under control originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 15 Sep 2020 at 20:15:02 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Via BRG - Boy Genius Report