- With coronavirus infections rising rapidly across more than two dozen U.S states, Dr. Fauci recently cautioned Americans to hold off on traditional Thanksgiving meals.
- Large indoor gatherings have been responsible for several large coronavirus outbreaks in recent months.
- "You may have to bite the bullet and sacrifice" Thanksgiving this year, Fauci said.
With the coronavirus pandemic still an ongoing concern across dozens of states, Thanksgiving this year may look a little bit different. While it's a longstanding tradition for Americans to celebrate Thanksgiving by getting together with friends and family, large indoor gatherings have been found to be disproportionately responsible for coronavirus infections. As a result, Dr. Anthony Fauci recently said that Americans may have to suck it up and either cancel their Thanksgiving meal plans or, at the very least, keep such gatherings quite small.
"You may have to bite the bullet and sacrifice that social gathering," Fauci said during an interview with CBS News this week, "unless you're pretty certain that the people that you're dealing with are not infected either."
Today's Top Deals
- Amazon just launched an early holiday sale like nothing we’ve seen before – here’s what you need to know
- Did you pre-order an iPhone 12? These are the cases and accessories you need
- The greatest smart home device you’ve never heard of is $17 for Prime Day
Trending Right Now:
- These are the 10 states with the biggest coronavirus outbreaks right now
- Trump and Dr. Fauci are fighting over COVID-19 – and now Bill Gates is getting involved
- An air supply system on the ISS just failed
Dr. Fauci really wants to cancel Thanksgiving originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 16 Oct 2020 at 16:42:44 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Via BRG - Boy Genius Report