- Microsoft has revealed 31 launch games for the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S.
- Some of these games are already out and some are launching alongside the new Xbox consoles, but all 31 have been fully optimized for the next-gen hardware.
- Some of the highlights include Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Watch Dogs: Legion, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Gears Tactics, and Tetris Effect: Connected.
Traditionally, launch day for a new video game console has been something of a double-edged sword. On one hand, early adopters get to unbox and set up brand new hardware, exploring every nook and cranny of the software (once it finishes updating). On the other, there usually aren't many great games available on launch day. When the PS4 came out in 2013, its best game that you couldn't play on any other device was probably Killzone: Shadow Fall, which was mediocre at best. The Xbox One was just as bad. Do you remember Ryse? I'm guessing you don't.
Thankfully, both the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S can play games from previous generations, so even if nothing were coming out this fall, you would still have something to do on your shiny new machine. But as Microsoft revealed this week, you'll have much more to play than just your old Xbox One games, as 31 titles (some brand new and some a bit older) that have been fully optimized for the Series X and Series S will be available on day one.
Today's Top Deals
- Headphones with 30,000 5-star ratings are still down to Prime Day’s $22 price
- Today’s top deals: Prime Day sales Amazon forgot to end, $199 AirPods Pro, Lysol wipes, Purell discounts, more
- Amazon just launched an early holiday sale like nothing we’ve seen before – here’s what you need to know
Trending Right Now:
- If you bought any of these disposable wipes, throw them away immediately
- A new coronavirus that could be even more dangerous was just discovered in China
- If you live in this US state, you’re headed for another coronavirus disaster
Xbox Series X launch lineup: 31 games optimized for Series X and Series S originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 16 Oct 2020 at 22:09:31 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Via BRG - Boy Genius Report