- The end of 2020 is a little more than a month away, so it's a pretty good bet that no new stimulus checks will be coming before December 31.
- However, there's still a chance to get a $1,200 stimulus check for many people.
- If you never got your first check, you've got one more day to give the IRS your information so the tax agency can send out a stimulus check before year's-end.
The millions of Americans desperately hoping for a new stimulus check can take heart, maybe. Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has agreed to talk to Democrats again to see if a compromise can be reached over a new coronavirus relief accord, which would include a new round of $1,200 checks among other sorely needed economic benefits.
If that news merely elicits an eye roll, though, we can certainly understand the skepticism. Democrats and Republicans in Congress have been doing a lot of talking about a new coronavirus relief bill this year, following the $2.2 trillion CARES Act they somehow managed to pass in March that made the first and only round of one-time $1,200 stimulus checks possible. All the talking past each other in the months since then has accomplished nothing and only hardened each side's position when it comes to a new stimulus bill. Democrats want a multi-trillion-dollar legislative behemoth, while Republicans' main priority is ... adhering to a fraction of that price. And besides all that, meanwhile, there's another important piece of stimulus news to highlight -- the fact that a key stimulus check deadline is now just a day away.
Black Friday 2020 is here
Amazon's Black Friday 2020 sale has begun - here are all the hottest deals so far!
Available from Amazon Prime. BGR may receive a commission.
Today's Top Deals
- Doing this will kill 99% of the germs on your face masks
- Amazon’s Black Friday 2020 sale has begun – here are today’s best deals
- Prime members can get true wireless earbuds with 10,000 5-star reviews for $24, today only
Trending Right Now:
- Scientists actually reversed human aging using a revolutionary new treatment
- Doctors think this coronavirus drug works, but no one can explain what it does
- Netflix released one of 2020’s most controversial movies – and it might win an Oscar
Your $1,200 stimulus check is gone forever if you don’t do this now originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 20 Nov 2020 at 13:49:05 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Via BRG - Boy Genius Report