- PS5 "Queued for Download" bug has a solution that doesn't require a factory reset.
- If you're having trouble downloading games or apps on your new PS5, try starting up in safe mode and rebuilding the database, which PlayStation Support suggests in a tweet.
- Sony has yet to announce when or if a software update will permanently fix this bug.
Shortly after the PlayStation 5 launched in the US and other regions last week, early adopters began reporting a bug that was affecting their ability to download games on the new console. A number of PS5 owners discovered that when they hit the Download button for select games and apps on the PlayStation Store or in the Game Library, the console would either say it was "Queued for Download" and never actually start downloading the files, or the download would suffer an error before it even started. Either way, it became impossible to download that game or app.
This would have been problematic enough on its own, but to make matters worse, the only way to address the issue seemed to be to initiate a factory reset, wiping everything from the affected PlayStation 5 and starting from scratch. It was a massive inconvenience, but it turns out that there is a less extreme solution for the bug.
Black Friday 2020 is here
Amazon's Black Friday 2020 sale has begun - here are all the hottest deals so far!
Available from Amazon Prime. BGR may receive a commission.
Today's Top Deals
- Doing this will kill 99% of the germs on your face masks
- Amazon’s Black Friday 2020 sale has begun – here are today’s best deals
- Prime members can get true wireless earbuds with 10,000 5-star reviews for $24, today only
Trending Right Now:
- Scientists actually reversed human aging using a revolutionary new treatment
- Doctors think this coronavirus drug works, but no one can explain what it does
- Netflix released one of 2020’s most controversial movies – and it might win an Oscar
How to fix the PS5 download queue bug without a factory reset originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 20 Nov 2020 at 19:55:04 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Via BRG - Boy Genius Report