- It's all but certain at this point that the incoming Biden administration will push for legislation that includes a new stimulus check for Americans as an immediate legislative priority.
- It remains to be seen, however, what form the push for $2,000 stimulus checks will take.
- The $2,000 could be the base amount for new stimulus checks, or represent a top-up goal -- in other words, adding a smaller amount to the second round of stimulus checks to reach $2,000.
At this point, we can probably add a third item to the old maxim about death and taxes being the only two certainties in life. At some point after next week, following the inauguration of Joe Biden as the nation's 46th president, it is all but guaranteed that the new administration will push forcefully for the passage of new COVID relief legislation of some kind that includes funding to provide Americans with another new stimulus check -- making this one the third since the onset of the coronavirus pandemic early last year.
Democrat Senator Chuck Schumer of New York, who will be Senate Majority Leader on January 20th, has confirmed that increasing stimulus checks to $2,000 will be the top priority for Congress once Biden takes office. However, it remains to be seen whether the new administration convinces Congress to make the base amount of the third round of stimulus checks $2,000, which is what some people are calling for, or if the base amount will be whatever is needed to top up the second stimulus checks to $2,000 this time around.
Today's Top Deal
Stock up on best-selling Powecom KN95 masks before they're sold out!
Today's Top Deals
- Sorry, but only Prime members can score these 10 Amazon deals
- Study says this one thing is 20 times more likely to help you sleep than other sleep aids
- Get a popular 2K camera drone for just $60 with this Amazon coupon
Trending Right Now:
- It looks like you’re actually going to get a $2,000 stimulus check – here’s when
- Apple just made a huge announcement that no one saw coming
- After Parler was shut down, here’s where Trump supporters are gathering on the internet
Don’t assume you’re getting a new $2,000 stimulus check from President Biden originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 13 Jan 2021 at 18:16:05 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Via BRG - Boy Genius Report