- T-Mobile confirmed that more than a dozen devices will lose access to its network on January 29th, 2021 due to a network update that won't work on some older phones.
- Most of the affected devices are at least five years old, but T-Mobile subscribers with those devices will need to upgrade if they want to stay on the network.
- T-Mobile says it has "exciting new offers" available for impacted customers.
Last December, Android Police obtained internal documents from T-Mobile which revealed that over a dozen devices would no longer work on the carrier's network after January 29th, 2021. T-Mobile had already begun notifying some of its subscribers that their devices would stop working, but the carrier hadn't made a public announcement. On January 8th, the move was finally confirmed as T-Mobile published a support page on its website.
"T-Mobile is hard at work to build the best possible network for our customers," the mobile carrier explained on its support site last week. "We frequently make updates to our network to give the best possible wireless experience. In preparation for a network update happening on January 29, 2021, we identified some older devices will be unable to receive the enhancement and as a result will be unable to connect to the network."
Today's Top Deal
Purell is still so hard to find in stores - but it's discounted at Amazon!
Price: $61.38 ($0.64/Fl Oz)
You Save: $14.22 (19%)
Today's Top Deals
- Sorry, but only Prime members can score these 10 Amazon deals
- Study says this one thing is 20 times more likely to help you sleep than other sleep aids
- Get a popular 2K camera drone for just $60 with this Amazon coupon
Trending Right Now:
- It looks like you’re actually going to get a $2,000 stimulus check – here’s when
- Apple just made a huge announcement that no one saw coming
- After Parler was shut down, here’s where Trump supporters are gathering on the internet
T-Mobile confirms 19 devices that will stop working on its network this month originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 13 Jan 2021 at 20:28:34 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Via BRG - Boy Genius Report