- The USDA has some fairly strict rules regarding the import of various food products, including meat, and inspection is often required in order to ensure food safety guidelines are met.
- In a pair of new recalls, the USDA reveals that some beef and pork products never received the inspection they needed, and therefore the product is not cleared to be sold to consumers.
- The products include beef tallow from China and pork pâté that originated in France.
Much of the food sold and consumed in the United States is grown right here in the country. The US also does a fair bit of exporting and importing of various food products, and when food comes into the United States from another country it is always subject to inspection. Typically, these inspections go off without a hitch and the consumer never even has to worry about it, but every once in a while a product will end up skipping inspection for one reason or another, and when that happens, it usually results in a recall.
In a pair of new recall bulletins posted by the USDA, pork and beef products imported from France and China respectively are now being recalled because the USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service never got a chance to inspect them. The recalls include nearly 100,000 pounds of beef tallow products from China, which was never supposed to be imported in the first place, as well as over 30,000 pounds of pork pâté that originated in France.
Today's Top Deal
Amazon has Purell at the lowest price since the coronavirus pandemic first began
Price: $43.00 ($0.30/Fl Oz)
You Save: $11.85 (22%)
Today's Top Deals
- This $19 pad wirelessly charges your iPhone, AirPods, and Apple Watch at once
- This one thing is 20x more likely to cure insomnia than other sleep aids, and it’s 60% off at Amazon
- People are stocking up on these 5 things at Amazon since grocery hoarding made them hard to find
Trending Right Now:
- CDC says there’s one thing you shouldn’t do within 2 weeks of your coronavirus vaccine
- This drug might block the coronavirus without any pills or injections
- This gorgeous 360-degree video from NASA’s Mars lander will take your breath away
If you have this beef or pork in your fridge, throw it out now originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 23 Feb 2021 at 13:08:55 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Via BRG - Boy Genius Report