Despite an avalanche of hype and intrigue, the 2019 release of the Samsung Galaxy Fold was really a lot more bark than bite. The device looked cool, but if we're being honest, it was something of a clunker and our initial review of the device called it a "piece of junk" that should be avoided at all costs. Hardly a unique take, the Galaxy Fold was universally panned upon its release.
The dud that was the Galaxy Fold made it easy to dismiss the notion that there would ever be a market for a foldable smartphone. But a year later, Samsung released the Galaxy Z Flip and made everyone rethink what they thought about foldable smartphones. Boasting a different design than the Galaxy Fold, the Galaxy Z Flip opened up vertically rather than horizontally. What's more, many of the fit and finish issues that plagued the Galaxy Fold were far less prominent on the Galaxy Z Flip. So while it was hard to recommend the Galaxy Z Flip given its $1380 sticker price, the device was a success insofar that it proved it was possible to launch a viable foldable smartphone.
Today's Top Deal
Amazon's #1 best-selling waterproof Bluetooth speaker is somehow on sale for just $27!
You Save: $9.00 (26%)
Today's Top Deals
- This one-of-a-kind kitchen gadget is $37 at Amazon – now I can’t cook without it
- Last chance to get a 2K camera drone that folds up as small as a smartphone for just $70
- 5 Amazon best-sellers that keep selling out are finally back in stock today
Trending Right Now:
- This Android app spreads malware, so delete it right now if you have it
- Guess who wins the brand loyalty fight between iPhone and Android
- After almost a year, people still can’t stop talking about this hidden iPhone trick
This video of a foldable ‘iPhone Flip’ is just crazy originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 8 Apr 2021 at 09:00:31 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Via BRG - Boy Genius Report