California's leadership just did what the US federal government can't right now because of political gridlock -- propose an all-new round of stimulus checks. Of course, the new round of payments is only for citizens of the Golden State.
In public remarks on Monday in the city of Oakland, California Governor Gavin Newsom proposed a second wave of $600 stimulus checks, part of his plan to give $8 billion in cash payments to millions of California residents. This will be made possible thanks to the governor's $100 billion economic recovery plan supported by a large budget surplus and an apparent windfall in state tax revenue. And his plan doesn't just stop at a new round of one-time stimulus checks -- he's also promising to increase rent assistance (to the tune of $5 billion), as well as some $2 billion in cash payments to struggling Californians who've gotten behind on their utility bills.
Today's Top Deal
AirPods Pro are finally back in stock at Amazon... at the lowest price of 2021!
You Save: $52.00 (21%)
Today's Top Deals
- Crazy camera that lets your smartphone see anywhere is $29 at Amazon, an all-time low
- This $7 toothpaste tube hack on Amazon is blowing people’s minds
- Amazon shoppers are obsessed with this $33 gadget that should be in every kitchen
- How to speed up your home internet for $50 – and all it takes is 5 seconds
Trending Right Now:
- A major grocery store chain just issued two big recalls – here’s what you need to know
- iPhone 13 leak teases big upgrades Apple fans will love – and one they might not like
- Fascinating details emerge about the Russian hackers who attacked a major US fuel pipeline
New stimulus checks are coming – if you live in this state originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 11 May 2021 at 13:49:28 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Via BRG - Boy Genius Report