The crowd in Apple’s auditorium would have cheered loudly during the WWDC 2021 keynote segment dedicated to macOS Monterey when Craig Federighi placed an iPad next to a MacBook to show how the Mac’s keyboard and mouse interaction can be extended to the tablet. The press conference was an online-only event, so people had to cheer privately or in groups of friends or colleagues following live Apple’s newest software announcements. But there’s no question that Universal Control was the most amazing WWDC 2021 demo.
It seemed like magic; Apple’s “just works” mantra taken to an incredible extreme. There wasn’t a wired connection between the MacBook and the iPad. It all happened instantly and wirelessly, with no need to perform any setups. Add the iMac to the mix, and the Universal Control demo gets even better. This might have been a well-choreographed routine, so real-life usage might vary. But Universal Control is an incredible feature that seems out of this world.
It turns out that Apple didn’t have to invent any new features to get Universal Control working. It all relies on technology steps that Apple made in previous macOS and iOS releases. Following the same logic, Universal Control might be one of the major building blocks that will help Apple introduce the future of computing — the Minority Report interaction we’ve been dreaming about.
Today's Top Deal
AirPods Pro are back in stock at Amazon's lowest price of 2021!
You Save: $52.00 (21%)
Today's Top Deals
- Amazon’s best early Prime Day deal is hidden where most people can’t find it
- After selling out, these 5 Amazon best-sellers are all finally back in stock
- Amazon’s early Prime Day sale has begun – here are all the best deals
- Prime Day Roku prices just hit Amazon ahead of schedule
Trending Right Now:
- New $3,600 stimulus payments are coming – do this so you don’t miss out
- Amazon will share your internet connection with strangers unless you opt out today
- A new Netflix true crime movie is so devastating, people can’t finish watching it
How Apple’s most exciting WWDC 2021 demo teases the future of computing originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 9 Jun 2021 at 22:50:21 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Via BRG - Boy Genius Report