Having machines design and build other machines is a recipe for disaster. At least, that’s what all the sci-fi movies tell us. Computers will advance to a point where they’ll pose a danger to humanity. It wouldn’t happen all of a sudden, but over a period of years, to the point where AI becomes sentient and develops an animosity towards the species that created it.
We haven’t quite reached a scenario where intelligent machines can build more sophisticated versions of themselves, but Google is already using AI to design better AI chips. It’s an accomplishment that has been documented in a research paper which makes it clear that AI can improve upon its own design.
Today's Top Deal
Amazon has real diamond stud earrings for under $60 — and the reviews are off the charts!
Today's Top Deals
- Amazon’s early Prime Day Roomba deals are so good, they’re starting to sell out
- This classy bathroom upgrade went mega-viral on TikTok – Amazon has it for $15
- 5 best Amazon Prime Day deals you can already get today
- This $29 gadget is the simplest smart home device ever… but I’m obsessed
Trending Right Now:
- If you care about privacy, delete these 4 apps from your phone
- You might be able to get up to $25,000 in stimulus checks – here’s how
- 2.3 million new stimulus checks just went out – find out if you’re getting one
Google’s AI is designing Google’s improved AI chips originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 10 Jun 2021 at 17:56:47 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Via BRG - Boy Genius Report