A senior citizen's group is calling on Congress to approve new $1,400 stimulus checks for a group of people who've been left out of the stimulus check series that continues on Friday, as well as from various state stimulus payment efforts. The advocacy group is the Senior Citizens League, and it's asking Congress to earmark stimulus checks specifically for Social Security recipients. One of the reasons is that, even with the just-announced record-high cost of living increase to Social Security benefits in 2022, rising prices taking a bite out of household budgets will offset that increase.
Don't Miss: Wednesday’s deals: Special Prime-only sale, power tools, 4K TVs, rare Wyze Cam v3 deal, more
The post New $1,400 stimulus checks might be sent to this group of Americans appeared first on BGR.
Today's Top Deals
- Amazon’s best-selling headphones have 32,000 5-star ratings – get them today for $17
- The car detailing tool pros try to keep secret is only $7 at Amazon
- The best Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals 2021
Trending Right Now:
- Anyone can buy undelivered Amazon packages – here’s how
- ‘Let’s go, Brandon!’ – the backstory of this Joe Biden meme that’s all over the Internet
- A chilling new Megan Fox thriller is one of Netflix’s top horror movies today
New $1,400 stimulus checks might be sent to this group of Americans originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 13 Oct 2021 at 13:47:18 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Via BRG - Boy Genius Report