On Tuesday, a reporter asked Democratic House Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi about the prospects for President Biden's controversial proposal that would require banks to start reporting to the IRS the activity of accounts holding more than $600. This is one piece of the Democrats' larger $3.5 trillion reconciliation plan. And the idea here is to give the IRS more granular insight into how peoples' money is moving around. Accordingly, the assumption is it'll be harder to cheat if the IRS knows exactly what's in your bank account.
Critics have decried the plan as a naked and somewhat frightening power grab, which the reporter brought up to Pelosi. In light of those concerns, she asked if Democrats will indeed stick with this proposal. "Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes," Pelosi replied, matter-of-factly. Then, the Speaker continued her answer by responding to some of the issues that the reporter brought up. "With all due respect, the plural of anecdotes is not data."
Don't Miss: Wednesday’s deals: Special Prime-only sale, power tools, 4K TVs, rare Wyze Cam v3 deal, more
The post Does your bank account have more than $600 in it? Biden wants to keep an eye on it appeared first on BGR.
Today's Top Deals
- Amazon’s best-selling headphones have 32,000 5-star ratings – get them today for $17
- The car detailing tool pros try to keep secret is only $7 at Amazon
- The best Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals 2021
Trending Right Now:
- New $1,400 stimulus checks might be sent to this group of Americans
- ‘Let’s go, Brandon!’ – the backstory of this Joe Biden meme that’s all over the Internet
- Best Amazon Black Friday deals: Take full advantage of Prime
Does your bank account have more than $600 in it? Biden wants to keep an eye on it originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 13 Oct 2021 at 23:53:07 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Via BRG - Boy Genius Report